Sunday, May 16, 2010

2 To My Haters, Lovers, and Master Debaters.

Shanghai, China. Monday, May 17th, 2010. 5:43 a.m.

I am in China.

The oriental sun is making its endeavor above the city of Shanghai. Meanwhile, the voided apartment seems to enjoy echoing back the clickity-clack of my computer keys as I type this blog. Overlooking the city of Shanghai, I am unpleased by the scent of car exhaust that has drifted itself upwards to my 25th floor. I write, not to tell you of this, but to ensure you that I have arrived safely in China. I am now inside the belly of the beast.

But, I am alone.

While my senses are aroused by the culture that surrounds me, I find myself desolate in a foreign country. I have brought with me the clothes in a carry-on, some foreign currency, and my laptop which I will use to ease me through those lonely nights where I am by myself. I wish to make some new friends before I return to Canada. I can only hope, that as I sift through the street shops, I bump into a lovely young lady. Perhaps then, I will become a man. Rest assured I will update such news when it happens.

Unfortunately, everything here is censored. The government is isolating me.

Facebook. Blogger. Twitter. All the sweetness of social connectivity I once enjoyed has been removed from me. The communist regime is taking my candy. I feel like the baby without his Lollipop. I want to cry. Fortunately, I have befriended a fellow who lives down the hall from me. His name is Xiao Pang, which means Little Fatty. We have managed to secure a private broadband signal under the noses of the Chinese Government. I will be using this to update my blog.

Little Fatty and I.

In light of bumping into Little Fatty, no pun intended, my hope is to update all of you to my summer vacation in China. I will be writing in future blogs about my (hopefully cured) loneliness, my secret mission of communicating with the external world, and about my new-found friendship with the gentleman down the hall.

So here's to all my Lovers, Haters, and Master Debaters,

-Will

P.S. I do not know if this blog has successfully posted itself over in Canada. If you could leave a comment on this post, it would help me know if my private server is working correctly. Thanks guys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey will, glad u had a safe flight. :)

- c i n d y -

Anonymous said...

i hope i won't have to call you Xiao Pang when you come back :P

yvonne~~

Post a Comment